N O P A R T O F I T

N O   P A R T   O F   I T
Far more important than baking bread is the urge to take dough -beating to the extreme - Otto Muehl

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Delirious Music for Delirious People reviewed by My Lovely Figment/Dictafawn label

http://dictafawn.blogspot.com/

  Holy shit. 

 This is easily one of the best and, dare I say, most relevant compilations I've heard in the past few years. Not only does this comp have some head-turning artists to make it well worth the purchase--Big City Orchestra, Boyd RIce, fucking CONTROLLED BLEEDING and WOLD(!)--but a lot of the acts on here that are unknown, at least unknown to me, are truly exceptional; The Cenitmeters' bizaare [i guess] new wave-ish sound, Pharmakon's intense power electronics and even the charmingly goofy, vintage spook show-esque opening track by Hans Grusel's Krankenkabinet, just to name a few, stand out amongst the waves of either mediocre or just plain shit things I've heard from other artists in these general categories. 

 More importantly, this compilation isn't confused like other compilations tend to be when presenting a variety of different styles; no, this compilation knows exactly what it wants to present and comes out exactly what it intended to be: delirious music for delirious people.

 Smashing work, man.

No comments: