N O P A R T O F I T

N O   P A R T   O F   I T
Far more important than baking bread is the urge to take dough -beating to the extreme - Otto Muehl

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Arvo exhibiting art (again) and on WNUR this week.



Today was the last chance to look at the exhibition at the Rubicon.  However, I was randomly walking around and met a nice man with an eye patch named Lowell.  He wanted to do a portrait of me as part of his series of paintings of residents of Uptown (Chicago). It came out well, I'm looking forward to seeing it along with other people in my neighborhood.  Our conversation led to him advising me to see about hanging my art at the art center they have going.  There is one more exhibition before the space changes shape, and it is part of historic tours and trolleys and a bunch of other stuff.  I will be there on Sunday July 20th, between 4 and 5pm.  I will have a few select pieces from this series hanging.  As it stands now, I don't intend to sell original work again, only prints.  It feels like the last time right now anyway, but I will keep creating.  More info here

Also, somewhere between 2:30 - 6:30pm July 17th, I will be a guest once again on Daniel Burke's / Sound of Error 's radio show on WNUR, which includes a "Patchworks" segment featuring synthesizer based compositions for an hour.  

Since I have ended the Delirious Insomniac Freeform Radio Show, I have also appeared on WZRD, by the way, and I know it won't be my last time.  You can hear about an hour of my set here

No comments: